• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cannot get refund for returned product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gjross

I live in Brunei; in June 99 I bought online and paid by credit card a computer part $300 from a US company; the part was faulty; company told me to return it for store credit as they had no replacements. I returned it using an internat courier in Sept 99. No refund was been given. I have sent 24 emails to the co. since then. I have had email response with 3 different people who all say they "will look into the matter" but never get back to me as promised. My last email 5 weeks ago has not been replied to even though I have sent it several times.
Not living in the US makes it impossible to know which way to turn. Advice would be appreciated.

------------------
Thanks. Greg.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gjross:
I live in Brunei; in June 99 I bought online and paid by credit card a computer part $300 from a US company; the part was faulty; company told me to return it for store credit as they had no replacements. I returned it using an internat courier in Sept 99. No refund was been given. I have sent 24 emails to the co. since then. I have had email response with 3 different people who all say they "will look into the matter" but never get back to me as promised. My last email 5 weeks ago has not been replied to even though I have sent it several times.
Not living in the US makes it impossible to know which way to turn. Advice would be appreciated.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Other than having the Sultan "make the company an offer it can't refuse", there's really not much of anything you can do that won't be cost prohibitive.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gjross:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never depend on email for these kinds of issues as you can see from experience that they can delete you with a mouse click in a second. You should have sent them a certified return receipt requested letter explaining your complaints and demands. You should still do this and file a formal complaint with the BBB. You should have filed a complaint with your credit card company and disputed the bill and keep disputing the bill until the matter was settled. Although it may be too late since so much time has elapsed, give it a go and see what happens.

If not contact the King of Brunei or Michael Jackson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">