• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car dealer lied about warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KRISTALYNN

I purchased a 1998 Mercedes ML320 in March of 1999 from a small dealership that also repairs cars that have been in accidents. I was told that the car was not 'salvage' but was 'insurance brand' and that I would still have the factory warranty. I brought my truck in yesterday and was told that because of the title brand, there is no warranty. What should have been covered by warranty, now cost me over $300. I contacted the dealer and he still states that it should be under warranty. What do I do? I printed out a carfax report before buying and it said it had a clean title. Now I'm afraid what will happen when I try to sell it with such a 'brand' on the title and how many other things that would have been considered under warranty I am going to have to pay for myself. What can I do? Any suggestions?

Please help! Thanks!

ALawyer

I am not familiar with the term, but try small claims court.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">