• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Reposession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sandy@94th

I'll try to make a long story short. I attempted to purchase a car about a year ago and trade in my vehicle. Even though they knew I didn't have the money up front, they gave me thirty days to come up with the downpayment. I wrote a postdated check and agreed on their decision. On or about day fifteen I noticed the money wouldn't come, so I informed the dealership about this and offered to return the vehicle. They would not allow me to return the vehicle and informed me to get the money. I tried for the next few days to get it, but it wasn't coming. I wasn't going to risk my military career for a $2,500 check, so I canceled it. When I informed them of this they asked for credit cards, family members (avenues that I already traveled), anything to get the money. Finally they repo'ed the vehicle, and told me to give them what I had for the downpayment ($500.) or they would sue me for fraud checks.
What can I do? A lot of people are telling me that I got screwed out of $500. and a vehicle. I got associates from other dealerships saying something was wrong with the way things happened. Even the dealerships own financial company, in which I was financed, says that vehicles are not to be given to customers until the actual downpayment (not postdated) was received. I'm thinking there is nothing I can do, but everybody tells me different. Please let me know Sandy@94th Hampton,Va.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">