• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ceramic Installation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carpet layer

I have a floor coverings business in CA, one of my customers is not satisfied with an installation of a ceramic project, the customer literally uses a ruler to measure the millimeters in between the ceramic gaps. After several attemps to fix the "problem" she still not satisfied. An outside representative from a different company has been invited to provide his report on the installation and found that it was acceptable. A ceramic manufacturer representative performed another inspection and found it acceptable. The drama is there, the customer is harrassing, crying, yelling about getting monies back, along with new material replacements.
My predicament is that my business has the required contractor licence, but is only for carpet installation, the ceramic licence is in process but not yet finished. I have more than 15 years in this business and needless to say my installers know what they are doing. Any reccomendations are greatly appreciated!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

I would have to check Cali's laws specifically but if they follow the trend most others do, you simply give her back her money...all of it. If a license is required and you do not have one, you cannot legally perform the work> If you can't legally perform the work, you can't charge her.

I think she may have seen you coming.

HomeGuru

I have a floor coverings business in CA, one of my customers is not satisfied with an installation of a ceramic project, the customer literally uses a ruler to measure the millimeters in between the ceramic gaps. After several attemps to fix the "problem" she still not satisfied. An outside representative from a different company has been invited to provide his report on the installation and found that it was acceptable. A ceramic manufacturer representative performed another inspection and found it acceptable. The drama is there, the customer is harrassing, crying, yelling about getting monies back, along with new material replacements.
My predicament is that my business has the required contractor licence, but is only for carpet installation, the ceramic licence is in process but not yet finished. I have more than 15 years in this business and needless to say my installers know what they are doing. Any reccomendations are greatly appreciated!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: so negotiate a settlement because even if the work was acceptable you did not have the required contractor's license for the type of work you did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">