• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charge card acceptance equipment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ajackson75

state: tennessee
Question: Hello. I just started my own business in January. Soon after our beginning I signed a leasing agreement for equipment to enable me to accept credit cards for my products. The representative with whom I executed this lease
visited my home and promised several services and items in the execution of this contract that he has since defaulted on. He promised: the merchant account would bear no monthly minimum, the bank knows nothing about it; the first three
months of the lease as well as the last month of the lease would be free, my bank account has been drafted for each month; at the end of the lease the credit card processing equipment would be owned by me, there are conditions of a buyout even after the lease is complete; and finally, he stated that at any time I wanted to cancel the equipment could be subleased with no problems by him. When I asked him two months ago to sublease the equipment, he said he would get started on it and never called or did what he said on! In fact, I had not been able to reach him until I
cancelled the merchant account and attempted to cancel the lease. Even then he promised he would send a sublease agreement for the equipment and he has not.
Most everything this person has said has been breeched. The contracts that were executed were signed under these promises of action, and, now that the money is leaving my account, I can not get in touch with him. Nor is he trying to remedy the problems he has caused. Please help me. I started this business so that I could stay at home with my five week old newborn. I cannot afford to make bad
business deals with individuals who set up binding contracts and promise they will offer services and do not do what they said.

L

lawrat

You are entitled to be placed back into the status quo. -- to be placed into as a good a position as if the breach had not occurred.

So.....to reach the benefit of your bargain...you may need to hire an attorney to sue.
http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">