• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childish business partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akpkmk

:confused: TEXAS-- I am in a LLC . my business partner & I each own 50%. She is very controlling. She won't speak to me. She is hotheaded. She would not let me see bank statements nor the checkbook. my atty. got it for me . now I have the checkbook .but she took the box containing the ordered checks.! (two signitures are required) I clean the shop she doeesn't help (we have 17 rooms -hair salon) I am trying to buy her out . she has refused my offers. the last offer was $13,500. my atty fees have reached $4600. she is playing games such as- changing the top dead bolt to the front door w/out my knowledge.,she took the stereo ( IT 's like working in a morgue) she is not paging me to the phone leaving my clients on hold. she has even wrote a name (about me) on the appt. books @ the front desk. She has implied that I have keyed her car- (no one has seen it) last week she stated that she was pressing charges on me for getting a money order without her permission to pay the electric bill. ETC...the list keeps going ... the stylists that lease from us are getting tired of it & want it to end. ( 9 - want me ,2 - doesn' care, 1- wants her) she has even told the people @ the bakery next door that they can't roll their trash can pass our window - they have to roll it in the parking lot- however they 'can' walk on the side walk pass our window if they carry it back, even they are begging me not to sell to her. what can I do ?? My atty. is draining my funds. @ this rate I won't have any money left to buy the shop or put money into it, WE have been partners since aug.1,04. I have been paying my :confused: atty. since the 3rd wk. of dec. I really need help. can I sue or or make her sell ? she is hurting the business - we can not even get new lesee's with the reputation we're getting. HELP!!! :confused:

Last edited:

gwendat

intention?

Minnesota

Collect evidence in records and writing on notes, to employees, if she is your partner and she is intentionally hurting your access to grow your company, she is acting with malice, hurting you ;also!!; hurts herself,;!!! AND THE COMPANY. Take her to court and make her pay; all fees :ALL LOST REVNUE, LOST LEASE RENEWAL AND COSTS TO MOVE TO LOCATION and force her out! Add up How Much she has cost in lost calls; employee division?; neighbor biz experiences; bankers? Will they attest to that if she's that bad? She has been acting on bad faith? Prove it in court. Keep your biz alive! court will agree if yousimply collect your evidence, put it in a box, keep your help helping you, plan around her biz wise to keep going.Then, work on Next step? ...prove it. Good luck in your Beautiful Salon, Life is Good when I'm on my Horse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TSRcue

What is the name of your state? Texas

akpkmk,

Someone else whose putting the hurt on you: your attorney. As you do not cite anything specific he/she has done to bring resolution to this matter I must really wonder.
I think maybe if you go back to your articles of organization and operating procedures which were drafted at the time you (and your partner) created the LLC you might find the corrective action necessary in this matter.
If marriages can be dissolved so too can this partnership. Cut your attorney lose or direct him/her to take the action necessary to teminate the partnership. If shareholders can bring to accountability CEOs you can do the same with your partner in a court of law.
I know she is being totally uncooperative, but, "where there's a will, there's a lawyer" (SB).
Great advice from Gwendat. Get your ducks in a row, put on your pinstripes and go to court and wash that ___ out of your hair and your salon!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">