• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Choices for equity investment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tba99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Connecticut
Hello and thank you for this site.
I am in the middle of trying to raise startup capital for a business venture that will benefit the disabled population.
Because of this I realize my best option is to find a social capitalist who would be willing to either get paid back via equity ownership or another idea I am having - this is where you come in.

Since I am offering an indoor playground, multisensory space, and therapy there are people who would invest just because of the population I am serving.

An option is to ask one of my peers to set up a scholarship that would be set up as a nonprofit. This scholarship would pay the fees for play as well as therapy for those who either don't have insurance or money to pay to come to my centers. I think a return on investment could be an annual tax deductable reciept from the scholarship for annual deposits from my business in the name of the investor, in place of money going back to the investor. That way the investor could look forward to a predetermined annual donation reciept until the total deposits equal the original investment.

My question - is this possible if no owners or managers from my business are in charge of the 501c and all funds would be shown to go from my center to clients for use at our center?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">