• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City business license issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

netmedic2

What is the name of your state? California

I am starting a small shaved ice concessions business in central CA. I have obtained all appropriate state and county permits, but am having some trouble with the city. I have negotiated a deal with a local grocer to keep my 5x10 shaved ice trailer in the lot of his supermarket on a daily basis. The trailer is commercially designed, new, and is not an eye sore. There is another vendor of the same product in this town who has a very similar structure. Now that I have done the difficult work of negotiating a contract as a tenant at this store, obtaining the county and state health permits, etc, I am being told by the city that they may not approve my application for a business license. So far I have been not given any reason or final answer on their decision. Is it legal for a city to discriminate against a business who has invested in their community if that business meets the local requirements? I feel a bit discouraged that all of my work is being undermined by an individual in the city government. In the meantime, I am unable to operate my business and am losing a substantial amount of money every day. Do I have any type of case or method of dealing with this? Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">