• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil law in pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tammy40

anout two years ago i hired a man to clean and do oil changes (i own a auto repair shop)he was staying on my lot in alittle shed because he left his wife. about two months after he was staying there he shows up for work with this old piece of junk car and saids his girlfriend gave it to him,now months go buy and the rear owner wants her car back. she told me now im talking months later that she hired him in a bar to do work on her car and gave him money in a bar to do the work,she now went and sued me we went in fromt of the distric court who found me guilty (i later found out this was her son in law) that i appealed this and we went in front of three lawyers who found me 1/2 quilty i then appealed and send in money for a appeal and now alomost a year later from may 24,1999 i get a letter today from anothe lawyer for them asking the court to issue a new court date.can they do this?? is there a time limit???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tammy40:
anout two years ago i hired a man to clean and do oil changes (i own a auto repair shop)he was staying on my lot in alittle shed because he left his wife. about two months after he was staying there he shows up for work with this old piece of junk car and saids his girlfriend gave it to him,now months go buy and the rear owner wants her car back. she told me now im talking months later that she hired him in a bar to do work on her car and gave him money in a bar to do the work,she now went and sued me we went in fromt of the distric court who found me guilty (i later found out this was her son in law) that i appealed this and we went in front of three lawyers who found me 1/2 quilty i then appealed and send in money for a appeal and now alomost a year later from may 24,1999 i get a letter today from anothe lawyer for them asking the court to issue a new court date.can they do this?? is there a time limit??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Please forgive me, and understand when I say to you that I'd like to help you. However, your comment is so poorly written, that I'm not sure just what it is you are trying to say. I mean, from what I am able to gather, you hired someone to do car repairs, then he quit to work in a bar, repaired someone's car from the bar, and that "someone" sued you. What did they find you 1/2 guilty of doing or not doing? Or, 1/2 liable for what? What was her original complaint about?

Again, I'm sorry. But, please write back if you can, to clarify your comments and answer my questions.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">