• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closing Non-Profit Group

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nojames

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I am on the board for a non-profit organization and the organization is going thought a rough time due to funds. About an year ago the board and members has agreed to suspend the non-profit organization for one year. Year later the board has discussed about closing the organization and had a members meeting. One of the officer made a motion to close it then anther person has 2nd the motion. The president says its officially closed with out any votes.

Under the one year suspension the organization was put on hold does this means the bylaws is also suspended? It is to my understanding State law states there must be a vote take place. And no vote took place.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I am on the board for a non-profit organization and the organization is going thought a rough time due to funds. About an year ago the board and members has agreed to suspend the non-profit organization for one year. Year later the board has discussed about closing the organization and had a members meeting. One of the officer made a motion to close it then anther person has 2nd the motion. The president says its officially closed with out any votes.

Under the one year suspension the organization was put on hold does this means the bylaws is also suspended? It is to my understanding State law states there must be a vote take place. And no vote took place.
For the answer to this question, and others you haven't asked ;), I suggest you visit the following easy-to-navigate site:

http://stayinglegalmi.org/main_page.html.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">