• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closing a small business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aweber22

What is the name of your state? I live in Napa California

I am recently trying to close a business with a business partner however things are not going as smooth as i had thought they would. We have not agreed on anything and i would like to know what my rights are in closing this business. We used my home for about 90% of the business the business address was my home address and was run out of my home for the most part.

About 90% of the inventory is here and i would like to give back to her, her share plus the inventory she originally brought into the business. Because we were not getting along and I did not feel comfortable with her in my home I had packed up what I thought was more than fair and generous (I actually gave her more than 50%), and she will not come pick up the inventory.

She has asked me to write up an inventory list of everything that i have packed for her and other demands that i am not willing to do. Other demands like asking me to give her stuff off of my computer, she says she will close everything that has my name on it

I have offered to her to give me a date and time to come pick up the items that belong to her, i have also offered to drop them off to her, i have even offered to get a storage unit to put the items in and pay for the first month and she will not give me a date or time. I have given her a final date twice because i dont want to do the wrong thing. Im wondering if i can give her a date and if she doesnt pick them up by that time or give me another alternative that i have suggested before, can i sell the items or give them away, or have a yard sale? What do i do with these items, do i have to keep them until she decides to come pick them up? Another question I have is can I drop the items off in front of her home as long as I see that she knows they are there (of course with a witness)???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">