• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial Land and letting natural trees grow.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

break_bread

Michigan.

I understand the specific yes or no answer im looking for I probably wont find here because im guessing its going to come down to City Law, but...im just wondering if this sounds right too some smarter people.

Im a Manager of a business in Hazel Park, MI...and in the back of our Warehouse we have a 30x150Ft. patch of land (surrounded by concrete) on the side of the property against a fence. On the other side of the fence is more or less a small 100x100Ft. little forest (granted I think this is Residential property).

Now since this patch of "land" on my Commercial property is just awful dirt...lots of rocks and sand-dirt, Hazel Park is a very Urban area. Ive been letting my 30x150Ft. patch of land grow into Trees naturally. Now our neighboring business, we share a very large back parking and Semi loading/un-loading lot, separated by an Easement road. The owner of the neighboring business has now called the City and they are letting me know today (Wednesday) that I have until Friday to have it all cut.

How can I not be able to let a small area of land such as mine grow natural?

My main concern is I know this guy has alot of friends with city officials and people alike, think this might just be a scare tactic?

OHRoadwarrior

It appears the green space must be compliant with section 17.12 of the zoning pdf I linked.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AuVnb1syXxpfxXBAGErkJoSbvZx4?p=+Hazel+Park%2C+MI+zoning&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">