• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Computer Consulting Business setup help! :)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trentm

What is the name of your state? IL

Hi I was thinking on starting my own small computer consulting business. I was told that I would possibly want to look into setting up a LLC. However the thing is I primely do this business on the side and would like to keep it as a side business for the meantime while I work on getting my products and services down pat.

I was told that the LLC is the best choice for my type of business? I am not sure but I was also told that I might want to look into registering it as a Nevada business because of the addition protection and cheaper fees. (I am not I am understanding the fee structure and how much I will have to pay a year to keep this business name and document) Also I am not sure how I go about selling my products and services to the people of IL when I legally registered in Nevada. I am really just exploring all my options to find the best one! I hope LLC is the best way to go instead of a CORP? Its really just one man show but I would like to be legal.
I am not big in the legal/tax factors and how to use them to benefit my company the best so I was hoping someone in this forum might be able to clear a few things up for me.

K

krispenstpeter

Discussing all the implications of a corporation v. a LLC (which is in itself a Limited Liability Corporation) is beyond the scope of this forum.

Take yourself to Barnes and Noble and peruse the Business shelves for a book on the subject. You'll find plenty that will discuss all the differences and strategies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">