• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

conflict of interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maleno

I work for a medical supplier of home medical equipment and supplies. I am the main person responsible for building the biz. I want to leave the company and bring the business with me. How can I legally bring my patients/clients with me without company claiming that I stole there patients?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. WHat I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well;, start with your contract with them...are any non compete clauses in there? If so, you may be out of luck.

If there no non compete clauses, companies build what is called goodwill and that is something that can be quanitifiable.

What lawyers do in law firms when they strike out on their own and want to bring those clients with them is they issue a letter to their clients. I am not sure when they do the same with the law firm.

That way, the client gets to decide whether to stay or go.

Speak with a medical supply board or organization, if such exists and see what they say.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">