• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused about Articles of Incorporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blueman

What is the name of your state? NY

Hi,
Recently we incorporated a new business and are currently going through the process of having organizational meetings, setting up bank accounts, etc.

One thing I am a bit confused about is what actually are the "Articles of Incorporation"?? Is that the same as the Certificate of Incorporation??

When we submitted our request to incorporate with NY state it was all done online. There was no other paperwork required. What I received back was (i) a filing receipt and (ii) A certified copy of the certificate of Incorporation.

The bank requires a copy of our "Articles of Incorporation" and I am not sure what to send.

Advice appreciated!!

Thanks .... Blueman

moburkes

What is the name of your state? NY

Hi,
Recently we incorporated a new business and are currently going through the process of having organizational meetings, setting up bank accounts, etc.

One thing I am a bit confused about is what actually are the "Articles of Incorporation"?? Is that the same as the Certificate of Incorporation??

When we submitted our request to incorporate with NY state it was all done online. There was no other paperwork required. What I received back was (i) a filing receipt and (ii) A certified copy of the certificate of Incorporation.

The bank requires a copy of our "Articles of Incorporation" and I am not sure what to send.

Advice appreciated!!

Thanks .... Blueman
Are you sure they need that? I've got 2 business bank accounts, and all I provided them was the certificate that was issued by the state. The articles are what you submitted to the state.

ForFun

Yes.

It's the document that states whether the corp. is for profit, or not for profit, who the registered agent is, the name of the corp., etc.

blueman

Thanks for the help. I looked at the certificate of incorporation and there was an additional page which had been sent which was basically the electronic version of the articles of incorporation.

many thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">