• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Considering dissolving a partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FairyCrystal

A friend and I opened up a shop in August of this year (in VA). Verbally we agreed that financial I couldn't contribute any for rent until after September so she would provide funding until after this time then I would start paying my half plus make up for the two months I wasn't able to pay. I did however contribute stock and have worked every business day at our store. She however hasn't work any days during store hours even though I have asked her to at least work one now that I am financially helping. But she just states that she is working her two part time jobs to fund the store and doesn't have the time to take off. Anyway in the recent past I have had car problems preventing me from getting to the store which is 45 minutes away from where I live (she lives upstairs) and I've had other store issues preventing me from showing up on time. She has been aware of this and only recently stated in passing a couple of times that we really do need to be open at stated times. I totally understand this but was not aware this was a major issue to her until I showed up the other day a little late and she happened to be there. She basically told me that if I can't be on time then I don't need to be involved with the store anymore plus all the other work I've done for the store meant nothing because I have been late. I have provided the store with a website, email, online advertisment, newsletters (paper & email), flyers, business cards, online auctions to help pay bills, etc. So now she is making my life hell! She says she can't trust me to every show up because I wrote down when I wouldn't come in and when I would be late (children or I am sick, important personal business, or during bad weather). Since I wrote this down all of a sudden now she wants to work 4 days and "give" me 2 days. She is treating me as if I am a child. So I am looking into dissolving this partnership. I know I should have had a written agreement with her but being a first time business owner and considering she was a friend I just didn't listen to that inner voice. We don't owe anyone money except for our rent and utilities. Can anyone give me any kind of suggestion as to do this? I am clueless. Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">