• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

consumer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xuanho

I sold a used car, I have a written document in which both parties signed and aggreed that the car is sold in as is and as shown condition. Two days later the person came back and told me that he wants to return the car because I didn't inform him that the car has been into an accident. I don't recall that he asked me such question. The car is still in good shape. Am I liable for taking the car back?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xuanho:
I sold a used car, I have a written document in which both parties signed and aggreed that the car is sold in as is and as shown condition. Two days later the person came back and told me that he wants to return the car because I didn't inform him that the car has been into an accident. I don't recall that he asked me such question. The car is still in good shape. Am I liable for taking the car back?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No but double check with your State consumer protection office regarding the private sale of used vehicle requirements. You had a moral and ethical obligation to disclose the accident history. And the buyer was free to hire a mechanic to inspect the vehicle before he bought it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">