• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

consumer rights in Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kasjen

Is a store required by law to sell an item at the amount printed on the sales tag? I recently found an item on a clearance rack for 0.00 and was told they could not sell it to me for that price. We had to pay the bar code price which was much different from the posted price. There were other mispriced items on the rack as well. Should I have been allowed to purchase the item for the amount on the tag?

T

Tracey

No. You knew upon seeing the $0.00 sticker that it was in error, since no store would "sell" items for free.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">