• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract ammendment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MzRhonda

I'm in California. I recently (2wk. ago) purchased a new car. I've just received a letter from the finance company saying that per an alleged phone conversation, I agreed to a minor change in the contract. Then I received another letter from them stating that there are some errors with my signature and they request that I send a letter stating that the signature is in fact my own. The fine print of the contract states that no verbal agreements are binding. Does the fact that they went ahead and made a change to the contract without my written consent void the contract?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Especially if the contract stipulates no verbal modifications and there is an implication of a possible forgery, the amendment is null and void and the contract is voidable up to the point it was before all this mess.

This is not only within Common Law contracts but part of the U.C.C. (uniform commercial code).

Go to findlaw.com and type in uniform commercial code and you can find that there.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Especially if the contract stipulates no verbal modifications and there is an implication of a possible forgery, the amendment is null and void and the contract is voidable up to the point it was before all this mess.

This is not only within Common Law contracts but part of the U.C.C. (uniform commercial code).

Go to findlaw.com and type in uniform commercial code and you can find that there.

JETX

See my response in the bankrupty section, since you posted this same message there.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">