• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mkaym

My mother and I joined a gym in March 98. I paid $94.72/month for both of us for 2 yrs.
The gym went out of business after 1 yr. another gym across town took over, I just cut my losses.
Then another gym took over that one and they started charging me again a couple of months ago, I got a bill for 193.00. The contract does say that they would do this but then in another sentence it states "In order for Buyer to exercise said option he shall give Seller written notice of same within the last 30 days of the membership term" I never did this. I sent the manager a certified letter cancelling my membership. Today I got another bill for 242.00, the manager says since I'm in default they will continue to charge me until I pay the whole bill. I lost over $500 for services not used that last year, I joined another gym $200 ( the same gym that took over the first time in a different city( they said my membership would not transfer) and now another gym wants over $200 for services I never used.
I think this is very unfair but I don't want to rack up a $5,000 bill and then they take me to court and I have to pay it. Please Help!!!

ALawyer

This is a recurring type of consumer fraud and I'd call a state or local consumer protection agency or a TV or radio consumer help line.

Or one letter from a lawyer would end it 9 of 10 times and that's lots cheaper than paying the bill.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">