• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mac1080

I booked two 5 bedroom homes for a family vacation in Florida. I signed a contract on which the front states "I agree to the above conditions" pertaining to the two 5 bedrooms, "will have 1 king, 2 queen, two twin beds and a sofa sleeper". Upon arriving at disney these arrangements were not give to me. Also, one of the homes had a mold/mildew odor which made it unlivable. After about 10 hours of dealing with two Florida agencies, they only could find a four bedroom home. The travel agent I booked with in my area had notified me that they are not liable for any arragements that I did not receive because I signed a contract with them relieving them of any liability. I did not see any liability clause on document where I signed as stated above. I was sent a copy of the liability clause which I was told was located on the back of the contract. Yes, there is is in a very faint grey color which can hardly be seen. I do not remember being shown this clause. A local attorney has state that this is known as an adhesion contract. All of the indemnities on the back seem to be gear towards air/cruise travel. I would like to know if I have anyway of recooping my money since I did not get the arrangements I signed for, which I was also told I would have by their agent on more than two occassions. I have been searching for information pertaining to adhesion contracts and any cases which have set a presidence in my area or the U.S. Government. (I live in Louisiana) I have a small claims case set for Tuesday next week. Oh one more thing the Florida travel agent said he did not get any paper work from the local travel agent stating the required home size or bedding arrangments, and by their own letter the local agency has admitted Florida told them the same thing and upon returning they said they think the lady who confirmed with them from Florida is now overseas so things got messed up. Help and thank your.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">