• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ArtistHelp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? US Law, New York State.

I have mocked up a very rough basic run through of what I want as far as an agreement goes and what said contractor can do with the content I create, I wanted to know what do I do to make this legally binding. Do I have to go to a lawyer and have him make up this contract or can I edit a base contract document that will reflect my stipulations of said designs?

Thank you for any help I can PM a legit "lawyer", on these forums of said contract conditions.
Hasty response would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is not an attorney referral service. You will want to consult with a local attorney.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? US Law, New York State.

I have mocked up a very rough basic run through of what I want as far as an agreement goes and what said contractor can do with the content I create, I wanted to know what do I do to make this legally binding. Do I have to go to a lawyer and have him make up this contract or can I edit a base contract document that will reflect my stipulations of said designs?

Thank you for any help I can PM a legit "lawyer", on these forums of said contract conditions.
Hasty response would be very much appreciated.
You can edit a base contact and it will be as equally binding as a contract drawn up by an attorney. Any contract becomes legally binding when the parties sign the contract. The potential problem with doing that is that you may miss some nuances that could trip you up later. Therefore, its likely wiser to have a contract drawn up by an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">