• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract signed and now a dispute...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sole

California.

I have contracted 60 handmade candles for a shower. The client signed the contract that stated it was only completed if the $ was paid by a certain date. This is what I said, "The invoice attached with the balance due will be paid by 6/28/03 in order for this contract to be completed." The attached invoice is now being disputed by the customer. She "didn't look at it closely" and so is saying since the exact amount isn't in the contract, but rather in the attached unsigned invoice, she doesn't have to pay the amount on the invoice. She was given both pages at the same time and asked to look them over. I am 3/4 finished with the job and she is threatening small claims. I made the mistake by not including the exact amount into the contract, but she is getting her product cheap to begin with.

She boght the jars to make the candles, and bears to put in them. SO now who do the jars and bears belong to since I have my product in them? I have not been paid for my time at all. Nor has she yet paid for the candle gel to be put in the candles.
There is not good to come of this but I would like to know if I should have to give her money for the jars and bears when I am not paid for my work?

Learning the hard way,
sole

HomeGuru

sole said:
California.

I have contracted 60 handmade candles for a shower. The client signed the contract that stated it was only completed if the $ was paid by a certain date. This is what I said, "The invoice attached with the balance due will be paid by 6/28/03 in order for this contract to be completed." The attached invoice is now being disputed by the customer. She "didn't look at it closely" and so is saying since the exact amount isn't in the contract, but rather in the attached unsigned invoice, she doesn't have to pay the amount on the invoice. She was given both pages at the same time and asked to look them over. I am 3/4 finished with the job and she is threatening small claims. I made the mistake by not including the exact amount into the contract, but she is getting her product cheap to begin with.

She boght the jars to make the candles, and bears to put in them. SO now who do the jars and bears belong to since I have my product in them? I have not been paid for my time at all. Nor has she yet paid for the candle gel to be put in the candles.
There is not good to come of this but I would like to know if I should have to give her money for the jars and bears when I am not paid for my work?

Learning the hard way,
sole
**A: try to negotiate and compromise so it's a win-win for both of you.

S

sole

wishing for a win win

I just left a message asking to meet in the middle...we shall see.

thanks so much for responding so fast
I will probably come back to ask another tonight as I don't think she will compromise but you never know.

thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">