• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copyright

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snrhodes

I am an interior designer and designed some display cases for a retail store. Can I get a copyright for these display cases. In case they open a new store, I want to receive some compensation.
Denver, CO

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snrhodes:
I am an interior designer and designed some display cases for a retail store. Can I get a copyright for these display cases. In case they open a new store, I want to receive some compensation.
Denver, CO
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can not copyright the actual display cases but you could draw the plans for them and have the plans copyrighted similar to an architect who draws house and building plans. Contact you local chapter of the American Society of Interior Decorators for more info.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snrhodes:
Denver, CO
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can not copyright the actual display cases but you can draw the plans of the display cases and have the plans copyrighted. This method is similar to what architects do when they design homes and buildings and draw plans which are copyrighted. For more info contact your local chapter of the American Society of Interior Decorators.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">