• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright Infringement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tramatized

I recently started a new business making bookmarks out of fabric and have two questions related to copyrights. 1) I bought one particular fabric design that included all the names of the NFL teams. Printed on the edge of the fabric was a notice that the design was a copyright of the NFL and was for "individual consumption" only. Am I right in assuming that I may NOT make and sell bookmarks using this fabric? 2) I wanted to decorate some of the bookmarks using various "stickers" which can be obtained from most craft and/or stationary stores. Some packs of stickers include the copyright statement "all rights reserved". Again, am I right in assuming that I cannot use the stickers to decorate the bookmarks I want to sell. Would such an action be considered derivative use? Thank you for your advise. I'm just starting out and don't want to "step in it" right off the bat!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">