• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporate Bankruptcy and Employees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

unpaid salary

employee benefits and back pay when company closes

What is the name of your state? michigan

the company i work for is incorporated and very small. at the peak there were 60 employees. in november 2002 they missed a payroll, instead of a check we all got promissory notes. they now missed another payroll and we were told the company was finished. is the company obligated in any way to pay me for the back pay and the last three weeks i worked there?

i contributed to a medical reimburement and dependent care accounts. i submitted receipts prior to knowing the company was folding. is the company obligated to repay these expenses?

i contributed to a 401k plan. i also have a loan against my plan. the last actual paycheck i got had deductions for both the plan and the loan. i checked with the fund and these deductions were not sent to the plan administrator. is the company obligated to repay these paycheck deductions?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">