• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporate Policies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

airport

In the state of Ohio, is it legal to implement different company policies for different locations of the corporation, i.e., stores located throughout the country vs. the corporate headquarters.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Very vague question. Sometimes company policies concerning customers, purchasing methods, etc, need to be different for branches versus flagship stores versus corporate headquarters.

BUT, if it concerns employeee treatment in any areas covered by the EEOC, then no. Go to the following site:
www.eeoc.gov

A

airport

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:
I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Very vague question. Sometimes company policies concerning customers, purchasing methods, etc, need to be different for branches versus flagship stores versus corporate headquarters.

BUT, if it concerns employeee treatment in any areas covered by the EEOC, then no. Go to the following site:
www.eeoc.gov
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you so much for your response. Perhaps I can offer additional information. We operate 135 self-storage facility across the country. Our Home Office is located in Cleveland, Ohio. Very often when we discuss changing some of our policies the issue of whether or not we have to change it in the field is raised. For example, paid holidays, vacation time, etc. I would imagine that corporations such as a major department stores operate under different policies for their stores and corporate headquarters. If we can implement different policies, how far can we go?
Thank you!

JETX

Sorry, but again a little vague.

If you are wanting to change the company policy to be applied at your location only, you probably need to get the approval of a supervisor or manager willing to put his/her neck on the line with 'corporate'.

If you are complaining that your location doesn't have the same holidays, vacations, etc. as other stores, the 'corporation policy' is not required to be identical at every company location. They are allowed, and often do, reflect local customs.

For example, a store in Las Vegas might be open on a major Jewish holiday or on Saturday, while a store in the Bronx may not be. Another example would be an employers location in New England might get off for Columbus Day while the Texas employess don't; and the Texas employees might get San Jacinto day and the New England employees work.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">