• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tpkelley

We have two llc corporations. The corporations do construction work. Corporation A has the employees and they do the commercial work. Corporation B builds condos, and they do not have any employees. Corporation A bills corporation B for the employees’ hours and other items. Corporation B was formed because of Liability. Can any give me a case file when a judge allowed plaintiff to sue corporation A. (in Louisiana) I think we should have employees in corporation B.

clueless3

We have two llc corporations.
Is it an LLC? or is it a Corporation?? There is no such thing as an "LLC Corporation"!!

Corporation A has the employees and they do the commercial work. Corporation B builds condos, and they do not have any employees. Corporation A bills corporation B for the employees’ hours and other items. Corporation B was formed because of Liability.
Assuming that these are "Corporations" and not "LLC". Anyway, most of the time you need only ONE corporation unless you have a GOOD reason for 2. In your case, it doesn't seem as if you need 2 corporations, maybe 1 corporation (A) and 1 LLC (B).

Can any give me a case file when a judge allowed plaintiff to sue corporation A. (in Louisiana)
ANYONE can sue corp A, whether justifiably or not. There are plenty of cases out there that corps that do "commercial work" get sued.

I think we should have employees in corporation B.
That is up to you. To minimize the chances of anyone suing the owners and officers directly, you "should" have at least one employee. This way, B is not regarded as a "sham".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">