• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporation Not Revealing Results of Board of Elections Vote

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HowardC

What is the name of your state? Texas

I recently attended the Shareholder Meeting of a company in which I am invested. I ran for the Board of Directors as a last minute idea of the shareholders, so I was not on the ballot. Notwithstanding that, I believe I received 1 to 2 million share-votes out of 10 million outstanding. The company has not announced any official vote results, merely stating at the meeting that "71% of the ballots already cast were for the company's slate, so they are the winner." What are my rights to obtain the official, final vote count? And/or do they have to file these results with the SEC or others?

HowardC

Don't all speak at once! What's with this place, no one seems very interested in answering Any of the questions in this category? :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">