• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporation notice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bloop

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi, I have a question about corporations. When do I need to put "Inc." after the name of the corporation? For instance, would I have to put "Orange Toys, Inc." on my business cards, or could I just put "Orange Toys" ? Do I have to put "Inc." on the website? I have to create a new website, new business cards, new letterhead, etc. for a small corporation and no one here knows the rule. If anyone knows where to find the info (such as what publication, what it would be called) that would be great, since they want some sort of proof one way or the other.

Thanks
Cris

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi, I have a question about corporations. When do I need to put "Inc." after the name of the corporation? For instance, would I have to put "Orange Toys, Inc." on my business cards, or could I just put "Orange Toys" ? Do I have to put "Inc." on the website? I have to create a new website, new business cards, new letterhead, etc. for a small corporation and no one here knows the rule. If anyone knows where to find the info (such as what publication, what it would be called) that would be great, since they want some sort of proof one way or the other.

Thanks
Cris

I don't think there is any law or rule about that.

You do need the full name on deeds and other legal stuff.

clueless3

The "Inc" and "Corp" need to be in official documents and contracts and such. Besides that, you can leave them off in informal documents such as business cards, as long as it's distinguishable from other local businesses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">