• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Couple questions about website startup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seventeen17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Hey, my friends and I are creating a website which will generate revenue through advertisement, affiliate marketing, and a couple other forms of electronic exchange. Since I came up with the idea and do the majority of the work, we all agree that I should own all of the "company," and pay them a certain amount of money after the site starts to make them profit. In this way, they wouldn't be paid wages like employees, but they also wouldn't have a share in the actual business itself. Is there any way to achieve this? Also, I want to hold them liable for any work that infringes on copyrights, as the website's content could easily be made by copying others' work. I've read up a little on sole proprietorships, LLCs, and partnerships, but I'm quite confused as to what and how the business should operate.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">