• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

covenant not to solicit and covenant not to disclose

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zoomiami

What is the name of your state? VA

Currently I am interested in starting up a doggie daycare. I wanted to work in one before venturing out and starting my own (gain experience with dogs and assure myself this is something I would like to undertake) Upon starting at this doggie daycare they had me sign a non disclosure/non solicit agreement. I am particularly worried about the following text : "Except as required for my duties, I agree to never, directly or indirectly, use, disseminate, or disclose any confidential information as specified by <company name>, including client names, client data, or business methods, to any person or organization, and i will seek to preserve the confidentiality of this information. This agreement not to release confidential information shall survive the termination of the Agreement, and for one year following termination of the Agreement. " What exactly is business methods? Does this mean I can't start up my own business?

H

hexeliebe

As long as you don't use the current employer's customers, their marketing ideas or specific way of doing business you're safe.

In other words, you can start your own business, but be prepared to defend yourself because they will most assuredly say you stole their idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">