• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

creative partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

otto_b

What is the name of your state?
california

i've been involved with a band (9 ppl) and our lead singer is leaving. he, as well as all of us, have contributed to all creative aspects of our music. we verbally agreed as a group that all rights, authorship, etc. will be equally shared (which was supposed to be everyone's compensation for staying with the project). he has threatened to leave and take everything that we've worked for.

in addition, we have a website that we entrusted him to maintain, and another bandmember (who is staying) has been paying for it from his credit card (though we've been using earnings from gigs to pay for it). again, our lead singer now is threatening to take that over as well.

finally, the remainder of the band would like to go on without the lead singer, as we have other singers in the band and we would like to keep the name. again, our lead singer threatens to take it with him.

can anyone offer me any legal advice to help us?
i am grateful for any time and information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">