• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cred card revsd chgs, co says I still owe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

internet consumer

I purchased something (set of three training courses)on the Internet (I'm in Ohio, co is in FL). It had a 15% surcharge if retd. The co sent the first two course, and were to send the third when the second of three payments were made. I did not get everything that the ad said I would so after confirming that they weren't going to correct the problem, I sent it back. The co retd one manual (from the first course) said I had written in it, charged me for the whole price of the first course and 15% for what I had returned. I disputed all - I didn't write in it (two small penned stars on two different pages) and said that since the co had engaged in false advertising that there was no contract and I didn't owe for anything.

I sent copies of everything to my Cred card co to dispute and they decided in my favor.

Now co is sending me to collections for:the entire price of the first course, of which I only have a manual (should also have a video and textbook); the second course, which I retd and they kept, and the third course, which I never even received.

President of co sent e-mail saying that"what goes around comes around" and "You're going to get yours," and in general, very intimidating and threating. Also copied me on letter that he sent to his bank responding to the letter I wrote to my cred card, lied about what was included in the course (I can prove it), and talked about what a dumb person I was.

I asked for copy of verification of debt from collections agency, got a printout of the actual order, with handwritten $ amts on it - said nothing about shipping, returning, re-shipping or why they feel justified in charging for things I never got.

At this point, should I retain an attorney? what do I need to ask for? I'm not sue happy, but this guy is making me furious. Did I do the right thing/legal thing? If he continues, do I sue? For what?

Is this a "you only have to pay if we win you money" thing or is this a "pay $1000 and we can help you" thing? Should I go to the
BBB first? I've never had this happen before and neither has anyone else I've asked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">