• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card bill, but no credit card.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michael Cloke

i am in georgia. 12/31/99, i let an oil company card expire. i paid it in full; no balance whatsoever. i did receive a new card, but i never activated it, and therefore never used it. 6 months later, i receive a bill for their annual fee. i found the card they sent me, cut it up, and mailed it back with the bill, stating i did not want their services. a few weeks after that, i received a letter from the issuing bank stating that they were cancelling my account, they were sorry for any inconvenience, blah, blah, blah, have a nice day. one month later, i get another bill, with a late charge, and a message stating that my account has been extended as agreed.
i sent them a copy of my cancelation notice, and a copy of their cancelation confirmation, and i requested that they show me who, how, and when my account became extended as agreed. another month later, (today) i received yet another bill from this oil company. this time it is a friendly reminder that my account is over due. what are my options here? mail bomb?

JETX

Call them on their 800 number (should be somewhere on their bill) and get it taken care of......

Pretty simple.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

M

Michael Cloke

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Halket:
Call them on their 800 number (should be somewhere on their bill) and get it taken care of......

Pretty simple.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you mean the 800 number below the lines stating that a phone call will not preserve your rights in a billing dispute, but that all disputes must be written and sent by mail? been there, done that. thanks anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">