• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a criminal offense?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skipperdoc

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a small equipment leasing company, we are a corporation, (I, own 50% and my business partner owns 50%. we are incorporated in DE). The company underwrites equipment leases for businesses. The company uses a third party ACH company to debit the monthly lease payments from each lessee. The ACH company in turn deposits the money into the business checking account that is owned by me and my partner. Yesterday I learn my business partner has deleted all the accounts from the ACH company and is using another ACH company and bank account. I do not know what ACH company he is using or bank account the money will be deposited into. Also, I do not have access to either the unknown ACH company or bank account. The amount is several thousand dollars a month. Here is my question: If the company is a corporation are the accounts and resulting income owned by the corporation? Is what my business partner did a criminal offense? If so, what and what can I do about this situation?

thenomad

for several thousand dollars of money half of which that you are entitled to but locked out and at the end be liable for if your partner skips trace, I would not waste my time on free advice forums but sit with an attorney at once.

Do you have any idea why he did such a thing ? Like was there a friction between the two of you due to how the business matters handled ? Or you realized what happened just out of the blue sky ? In either case, you are on a very shaky ground and I suggest you don't waste any time.

skipperdoc

My partner and I are in the final stages of negotiating the transfer of my ownership to him. The parting was not amicable and the negotiations have been a royal pain-in a word he is unethical. My belief is he did this because he doesn't think I will spend the money to correct it-which I will. My pressing issue is there anything I can do to stop his actions immediately? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">