• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crisis Intervention and the Net

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

0076669phantom

Ok I'll try to make this simple and too the point.
I'm wanting to open up in the futre a crisis intervention agency for teenagers that
is liscenesed and do crisis intervention counseling over the net.

1.Is there any way legally to do this?

2. In order to have a training program for new counselors what process would one have to go through?

3. To do crisis intervention counseling with minors (under 18) is parental permission needed?

4. What procedures would one have to have to make crisis intervention counseling via the net in a real time chatroom legal?

5 What other legal information would I need and or background/degrees before I can do this. Currently I am working toward a BA in psychology and youth ministry and have a certification in crisis intervention counseling and suicide prevention. What else will I need, what else do I need to do

If there is anyone who can at least give me partial answers to some of this I would be very greatful.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Q: Is there any way legally to do this?
A: Yes, but you need to contact your local land based traditional crisis intervention centers. DO not give them your ideas, but ask them what legal avenues they go through to get licensed.

Q: In order to have a training program for new counselors what process would one have to go through?
A: Don't know.

Q: To do crisis intervention counseling with minors (under 18) is parental permission needed?
A: Online issues may bring a different legal perspective. I know parental permission is not required and dettered with traditional crisis intervention places because usually those are where minor teenagers go for help.

Go and ask for an attorney who deals with such types of crisis organizations. call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Hope this helps.

T

Tracey

Call some national crisis intervention groups & ask them what they had to do to be able to accept calls from minors in all 50 states. You may need to be licensed in multiple states.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">