• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DBA question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tgirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Texas. Myself along with 2 others had a meeting about beginning a company. 1 person designed the logo and I thought of the name and was given the job of filing the DBA and I also paid for it and collected nothing from anyone for it. I put all 3 of our names on the DBA but so far I am on the only one that has signed it.

I have since decided to discontinue my relationship with the other 2. The other 2 do agree that I am the one that came up with the name but they think they should be able to keep it. Here's my question, since the other 2 have not signed the DBA, can I go to the courthouse and remove them? Also, we have no contracts nor any written agreements about anything so do they have any legal recourse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">