• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DBA for web programming adding Retail sales

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drewex

Hello all from southern california,

I have a DBA for past 3 years which is all on my own ssn since i wasnt going to hire anyone to work with me.(also i do use my personal ssn on my full time job) Now im adding a retail service over the same business i am going to sell products over a kiosk at a mall. I do plan to hire people so i got FIN (Federal tax id) Now do i need to get my business info updated. I already have seller permit number over my personal ssn and business license over my personal ssn. Do i need all these updated to my new FIN or can i just leave them alone. Also how does this affect my tax payments, normally i would get a 1099 and w2, since its a retail i need to do it every 3 months is it going to be just the retail tax? Confusing stuff for a new beginner.

Some Random Guy

You need to examine how your business will be organized - sole proprietor, LLC, corporation. They each have their benefits and costs.

Since you now have to worry about payroll taxes, sales taxes, kiosk space rental agreements, you should get a local accountant with retail customer experience. Paying for advice up front is far better than having the state assessing penalties for late or misfiled sales tax payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">