• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defending a dispute with american express

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lee36

I have a small phone order business and want to get past the "gatekeepers" at Amex to support my claim for payment on an order placed by a cardholder. Cardholder is insisting he did not place the order. We did have an authorization from Amex and signature on delivery. Amex explains card is valid but it doesn't belong to the person who used it. From the form letters they are sending me, I can tell no one in authority, is reading my replies.How can I get to someone with authority to make a fair ruling.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

AMEX has a very very liberal dispute policy for cardholders. I.e. what you dispute they usually give instant credit and investigate for their own purposes and take it as a tax rideoff. Which means, theoretically, you should still be paid, the loss falls on AMEX for allowing such a charge to go through when on your end everything seemed legit. It is their fault for letting this happen.

So my advice to you: keep calling. You will be surprised what persistence does with them.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">