• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dental bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Derick

My son had two root canals done in 1998. He was 19 (close to 20)yrs. old when work was done. Not living at home, but still on my dental insurance. My son never had the root canals finished because the dentist refused to finish unless my son paid the full 800.00 up front because he cancelled his apt. My son could not afford to do this so he cancelled the apt. The dentist will not finish the work, and my insurance company will not pay until the work is complete. (It may be too late to even turn this in to ins. now)This was turned over to a collection agency. Who sent me a letter saying they have sent this to the credit bureau in my name, (not my son's). So it is on my credit. Is this legal or do I have to pay his dental bill for work done after he was 18. If, I am responsible, how long will I be held responsible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">