• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DEPOSIT NOT RETURNED

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Matlin

A few months ago I put a deposit on a sofa in a furniture store. The sofa was not special ordered but was on the floor.

I later decided that I did not want the sofa. When I told the merchant this, she refused to return my deposit. I was told that it was there store policy to not refund deposits.

At no time was I told of this policy, neither did I sign any contract which stated such. I went to the store on three occasions for paperwork, but I was told they could not find it.

I have bought furniture from reputable furniture stores and have always received an invoice which states the terms and conditions of the sale and a place for a signature which says that I aknowledge that I understand the terms.

I know this is a long questions. My bank gave me a provisional credit, but took reversed it because they said the store gave me a credit.

I do not want a credit, I want my money back.
Should I take my complaint to small claims court, or am I out a bundle of money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">