• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Digital Signatures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miner2049er

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Like PriceLine.com and other websites asking you to enter your initials before making a bid - is there any way I can do such a thing through email with my own contracts/agreements?

Or must I still get a signature on a document in person, or through the mail, by fax etc.

Because there is secure website activity happening behind the scenes at websites like PriceLine.com, maybe that is why the entry of someone's initials causes the contract to be binding?

And thus I would have to use the same process with my online contracts i.e. get the contract sent to the browser from, and returned to, a secure server?

Text emails don't offer any interactivity, but maybe an HTML email containing the contract could have an input box at the end which sends data (the entered initials) back to the server...

Any further information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Simon.

HomeGuru

miner2049er said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Like PriceLine.com and other websites asking you to enter your initials before making a bid - is there any way I can do such a thing through email with my own contracts/agreements?

Or must I still get a signature on a document in person, or through the mail, by fax etc.

Because there is secure website activity happening behind the scenes at websites like PriceLine.com, maybe that is why the entry of someone's initials causes the contract to be binding?

And thus I would have to use the same process with my online contracts i.e. get the contract sent to the browser from, and returned to, a secure server?

Text emails don't offer any interactivity, but maybe an HTML email containing the contract could have an input box at the end which sends data (the entered initials) back to the server...

Any further information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Simon.
**A: consult with your webmaster.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">