• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclaimer in Brochure is sufficient disclosure to customers ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhruva19

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Hi,

I am starting a new Business in South Carolina. I have obtained a retail License from the Local Tax Department. I still need to take some permissions from local county and other government departments. Can I go ahead and start sending my Marketing Brochures to my prospective clients with a Disclaimer in it. The Disclaimer will basically disclose that I am in the process of applying for all the other government permissions and I cannot be held liable for not disclosing this status. Also is it fine with the LAW if I start to contact prospective customers when I am only half way in putting all necessary permits in place. I am not going to do actual business till I get all permissions. But I just want my potential customers know before hand that I am one of their potential source of business.

thanks,
Proprietor

tranquility

Disclosure would not prevent a violation of the law. If you needed those licenses before doing business, you need those licenses before doing business.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Hi,

I am starting a new Business in South Carolina. I have obtained a retail License from the Local Tax Department. I still need to take some permissions from local county and other government departments. Can I go ahead and start sending my Marketing Brochures to my prospective clients with a Disclaimer in it. The Disclaimer will basically disclose that I am in the process of applying for all the other government permissions and I cannot be held liable for not disclosing this status. Also is it fine with the LAW if I start to contact prospective customers when I am only half way in putting all necessary permits in place. I am not going to do actual business till I get all permissions. But I just want my potential customers know before hand that I am one of their potential source of business.

thanks,
Proprietor

**A: marketing is considered active business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">