• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclosure Statement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beckontrac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

I recently purchased a candy store. The seller signed a Disclosure Statement stating that there was nothing about the business that would negatively affect my decision on buying the business. A few days after we closed escrow the seller informed me that it was important for me and my employees to always keep an eye on all the candy bins because butterflies will get into them and lay they're eggs, which later turn into worms. When one of my employees noticed worms in one of the bins, I realized that this situation was not something I signed on for. Had I known about this problem, I assure you it would have been seen as a red flag, and I would have walked away from the deal. I have given the seller over $30,000 so far, and he is carrying a note for another $30,000. Is there a way to either get my money back, or redo the seller carry deal because the seller left out what I consider vital information pertaining to this business? I will not be able to resale this business because I would have to disclose to a potential buyer of this problem with the butterflies/worms. I am now two weeks into owning this business and so far have had to dump 5 bins of candy because of worms. Thank you

RebeccaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

I recently purchased a candy store. The seller signed a Disclosure Statement stating that there was nothing about the business that would negatively affect my decision on buying the business. A few days after we closed escrow the seller informed me that it was important for me and my employees to always keep an eye on all the candy bins because butterflies will get into them and lay they're eggs, which later turn into worms. When one of my employees noticed worms in one of the bins, I realized that this situation was not something I signed on for. Had I known about this problem, I assure you it would have been seen as a red flag, and I would have walked away from the deal. I have given the seller over $30,000 so far, and he is carrying a note for another $30,000. Is there a way to either get my money back, or redo the seller carry deal because the seller left out what I consider vital information pertaining to this business? I will not be able to resale this business because I would have to disclose to a potential buyer of this problem with the butterflies/worms. I am now two weeks into owning this business and so far have had to dump 5 bins of candy because of worms. Thank you

RebeccaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: you got butterflies flying in the store?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">