• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disolving a business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pmosca

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have an existing business corporation. I want to disolve it, and I think I know how, but the issue is that we had a problem while in business. The business ran out of money and closed. We had signed a 5 year lease for our office space. We did not have a personal gauranty on the lease so the business was the only entity responsible. It has been over 2 years now since we closed the business and left that offce space. We showed the leasing company that the business was out of funds and I think they accepted this, but never received anything in writing.
The question is.. if I disolve the business would I be personally liable for the office lease or is is safer to not disvole until the end of the lease or what?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">