• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a dissolved partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ktempled

Recently, I decided that my business partner was not one I wanted to do business with anymore. Before I could count to three, she took my name off the business checking account,the tax id#, and decided to take the business name; all without consulting me first. We owned a catering business where I did all of the cooking, she was the front man. She refuses to give the name up to where neither of us have it. My reputation is associated with the business. Was it leagal for her to take my name off of things? How can I protect myself? Don't I have to sign off on a checking account in order to no longer have access? My list of questions could go on...

T

Tracey

She has breached her fiduciary duty to her partner by appropriating p'ship assets (name, business, MONEY, etc.). On what authority did she get the bank to remove your name from the account? They should NOT have done that. Go see them & throw a hissy fit. Same thing for the tax id#?

Go see a corporate attorney ASAP & see about suing her & enjoining her from operating under the p'ship name until the p'ship is wound up.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">