• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I have a case??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

islebug

Maryland
I bought a miniature golf course in 1999 for 50K, leasing the land that it sat on from a church (5 yr lease) In year three, I wanted to do major renovations, so I asked for a lease extension. The church informed me at that time that they did not see a mini golf course in their future plans. They indicated that the congregation was growing and that they would use the land for either a new parking lot or a new "meeting house" The lease ended in 2004, and needless to say I lost all my investment, since I could not sell the golf course business to a new owner. I found out that the church decided to lease the land in 2007 to a new fella, who opened up a miniature golf course, with a 10 year lease. There was a course on that site for 40 years, and now the new owner benefits, while I lost everything. Do I have any recourse?? Thanks! charlie

moburkes

Maryland
I bought a miniature golf course in 1999 for 50K, leasing the land that it sat on from a church (5 yr lease) In year three, I wanted to do major renovations, so I asked for a lease extension. The church informed me at that time that they did not see a mini golf course in their future plans. They indicated that the congregation was growing and that they would use the land for either a new parking lot or a new "meeting house" The lease ended in 2004, and needless to say I lost all my investment, since I could not sell the golf course business to a new owner. I found out that the church decided to lease the land in 2007 to a new fella, who opened up a miniature golf course, with a 10 year lease. There was a course on that site for 40 years, and now the new owner benefits, while I lost everything. Do I have any recourse?? Thanks! charlie
No. YOU agreed to a 5 year lease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">