• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hardmandjw

I received an email from an internet research company with which I am a memeber. This email was a computer error and listed approx 800 email addresses of clients as well as their first and last names and passwords. The company's privacy policy states that that no one's private information would be released. I contacted the company and was told that it was a computer error. My name as well as my daughter's were listed on this email.

T

Tracey

No damages = no case. You've been annoyed, but not harmed. You might have a case for negligent infliction of emotional distress, but I doubt you'll find an attorney to take the case. Start your own website loudly proclaiming what they did & recommending others think twice before giving them any information. Send copies of the incident to every email address on the list letting them know what happened.

If you let the company know what you're about to do, they might offer you "damages" if you'll sign a settlement with a gag order in it. This is called extortion if you're a defendant & "settlement negotiations" if you're an attorney. :) I love the law!

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">