• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i need new business license and tax id if i am purchasing a business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

callisto24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nevada

so short story is, I am in middle of negotiations with an business owner and my question is, do i need to purchase a new business license and a new tax id ?
or he can just transfer the ownership rights to me?

and the second question, will i be reliable for law suits from past customer that were under his ownership? if yes, so i better open new business license , no?

thank you

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nevada

so short story is, I am in middle of negotiations with an business owner and my question is, do i need to purchase a new business license and a new tax id ?
or he can just transfer the ownership rights to me?

and the second question, will i be reliable for law suits from past customer that were under his ownership? if yes, so i better open new business license , no?

thank you
You will definitely need a new tax ID. I do not know if that will require you to get a new business license as well.

eerelations

If you're in talks with someone to purchase his business, you need an attorney to help you through the process. If you're in talks with someone to purchase his business, and that business is currently being sued, you really need an attorney to help you through the process.

callisto24

its a small business, a kiosk in the mall.

the owner had 3 business under 1 name , he sole the other two and selling the third one right now..

nobody sue the place im just asking in case of some body will wake up 3 years ago and decide to sue it..

how much is for all the licenses in Nevada? state, city and such
thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">